Photography by-Colleen Cahill Studios

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tigard Times Features Debra Gilmour

Fame comes back to Tigard woman, 51, in form of magazine feature

The truth be known, seeing the word "fame" associated with my name makes me nervous.  First off, I don't see myself as famous.

My family will be the first to tell you that description is not how they, or, I see myself.  The dog still needs to be walked, the laundry done, dinner cooked and dishes cleaned.   No, there is no time for grandiose perceptions around this household!

Secondly, there are so many nefarious perceptions of fame in this current world of "reality" celebrity aspirations that such a status is not exactly one I want.  There is a huge difference between the "reality" world, and the real one.

Which, is precisely what the book is about.  It features 50 women from across the country with various backgrounds who decided to make changes large and small.  How seemingly ordinary women when focused on a goal are capable of accomplishments despite perceptions, opinions, and advice to the contrary.

Thank you Tigard Times for making a home town girl feel special (and a few years younger)!  And, now it is time to walk the dog...